But, this post is not about school or finding my mojo, instead I wanted to share the Liebster Award. The concept of the Liebster Award is to nominate a few outstanding blogs with an inspirational message and brings a positive change to the world. I'm honored to be nominated by one of my friend's from camp and now it is my turn to continue the Liebster chain by nominating my idea of outstanding blogs.
Here's how it works:
- If you're nominated please copy and paste these questions onto you're blog and answer them.
- Nominate 3-5 blogs you love to read minus the person who nominated you.
- Notify your nominees and provide a link back to your post.
- Post the link on their blog on a post.
- When you make your own post, you must create an eleven question questionnaire for the nominees to answer on their blog.
1. What made you want to start a blog?
I think once I realized how much I enjoyed writing is when I decided a blog would be perfect for me. The idea of helping teens with undergoing heart transplant or heart disease was inspired by my friend, Becca. Her blog is always fun to read and the concept of her blog is so original that I wanted to provide a sense of inspiration in my own way.
2. How long have you been blogging for?
May 14, 2011 marks the day I first posted on TeenageHeartTransplant.
3.What is one thing you would change about this world if you could?
I don't think I can thoroughly answer this. Either because it's too complex or offensive (not racist or sexist).
4. Who in your life inspired you or helps motivate you to keep going?
That's easy, my dad. He's like my best friend and I can almost tell him anything. He knows me better than anyone and he can pick me up, brush me off and keep me going strong. He's taught me good from bad, taught me acceptance, perseverance and keeps me in reality. He knows I'm just a teenager and doesn't constraint grand expectations upon me and is just proud of me for what I have done, what I want to do and will be there for me through my success and failures. Whether it's tying my shoes, reminding me about my med's, giving me a ride to a friend's house or replacing a light bulb I know he'll always be there for me and I don't know what I would do without him.
5. What is one misconception about the topic you write about that you'd like to clear up?
When I first tell someone about my transplant they begin to emit a splurge of questions and I almost always get asked, "When will you die?" or something along those lines. Many people are misunderstood about the lifespan of a transplant recipient. They think just because my heart isn't the heart I was born with immediately decreases my life. I respond by asking them, "When will you die?". Transplanted or not, there isn't much difference. No one knows when their going to die, like everyone else, my heart can't just give out (apart from old age). There has to be a diagnosis to why death has occurred.
6. How has running a blog changed your life?
The biggest change my blog has had on me is the impact it has had on other transplant teens. I find it crazy when someone contacts me just to tell me how much my blog has given them hope. I'm just in my bedroom, on my bed writing about whatever I please and hopefully whatever is going on in my life enthuses my readers to continue reading.
7. If someone were to ask you what you hope to accomplish with your blog, what would you tell them?
The biggest goal of mine is for someone waiting for a transplant or someone who has never met another teen with a transplant to come across my blog and feel not so alone, or be able to relate to someone, or be given hope that there is life after transplant. That, and educating the public about organ donation and heart disease.
8. Can you be found on Twitter for your readers to follow?
The best decisions I've made is to erase soda from my diet and delete my Twitter account, so no.
9. What is your favorite color?
I don't know, you tell me?
I think it's green.
10. Do you prefer chocolate or vanilla ice cream?
11. Pepsi or Coke?
2nd chance @ life?
Girlfriend's Guide to Heart Transplants
Continue the Liebster chain guise! I don't even know you and I love you... will you be my master?
My questionnaire to my nominees:
1. Do you ever participate in fundraisers for your cause?
2. How would you describe yourself in one word?
3. What advice would you give new bloggers?
4. Would you ever consider writing a book?
5. Do you vlog (via Youtube)? If so, what is your Youtube name?
6. How would you describe your blog to someone who hasn't read it before?
7. Is blogging a past time you would like to continue long term?
8. What do you like to do in your free time? Hobbies? Sports?
9. What is your dream job/ occupation?
10. Do you feel like your blog has influenced others?
11. If you could choose one famous person to endorse your blog who would it be?
Not pertaining to the Liebster Award...
I went tanning for the first time since summer and it was amazing! I'm definitely ready for the sunshine and winter to end. Not just because I'm transparently pale but I get sick more often and my acne is 10x worse than in the summer. And I'm just ready for swimsuits, shopping for summer clothes, sunglasses, sleeping in, writing in peace, watermelon season, ice cream, bike rides, camping, boating trips, water parks, golfing and picnics.
|Yay for Snapchat!|