Monday, August 5, 2013

Vacations Don't Count

This past week I have been a complete tourist around Washington D.C. I would have quickly updated while I was there but I didn't have access to a computer. So to make up for a lack of updates in a week, here is a Week of Updates in one post.

Monday, July 29, 2013

Day 1
Instead of flying straight to Washington D.C. we made two pit stops. One layover stop in Dallas onward to Fort Lauderdale in Florida to visit my grandparents whom I haven't seen in seven years. I tried to mingle with my family but seeing as I'm going off of absolutely no sleep I decided to sleep the majority of the time I was there.

We finally flew into Baltimore and immediately crashed at the hotel to get optimum sleep for a long day of tourism around the National Mall.


Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Day 2
Waking up at around noon we took the Metro toward McPherson for a bite to eat at Cosi's. It's pretty much the pita version of Subway. We later took the Metro to the National Mall beginning at the Air and Space Smithsonian Museum and ending with a movie in Chinatown pretty much summarizes the day.

Red 2: Three Stars. I'm not very impressed Bruce Willis, tisk tisk.

The Washington Monument was under construction while
 we were there so that explains why it looks a tad different.

I love how my scar is bit more noticeable in this particular photo :)

Chinese looking arc at Chinatown
After a long day of walking it was delightful to finally plop down on my bed and finally fall asleep in the hotel.


Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Day 3
Waking up once again at noon, we set sail for the Metro to go back to the National Mall. Instead of walking, we rented bikes! I personally loved riding a bike around D.C. It saved us so much time compared to walking everywhere and even though we still walked a ton, my feet weren't screaming by the end of the day.

Unfortunately, my progesterone hormones decided to slap me across the uterus so a big gap of time was wasted feeling like crap. During which time I was also super forgetful; forgetful enough to leave my phone near my bike, nearly have a heart attack when I thought I lost it but eventually finding it and feeling even more like crap.

No worries, we found a drug store (the oldest drug store established I may add) and Super Pamprin kicked my progesterone out the window (because all pain relievers are superheroes). After lunch at an Irish pub it started to rain. Luckily the bus tour we were about to aboard offered all of us super sexy rain ponchos.

I don't know how many times you have the chance to sit on a double decker bus so despite the rain, we sat on the upper level.

Nothing says I'm clearly a tourist like a double decker tour bus!
After visiting the White House...

The Lincoln Memorial...

The Franklin Roosevelt Memorial...

I love the raindrops!

And various other memorials it was time to go back to the hotel and pass out from yet another long day.


Thursday, August 1, 2013

Day 4
By this time I started to feel a little homesick. I missed sleeping in my own bed, showering in my own bathroom, snacking on food that didn't cost me $5 and most importantly, I missed my dad and my boyfriend.

We explored the Native American Museum as well as had lunch in their fabulous cafeteria which by the has the best Mexican hot chocolate. We spent the rest of our time at the National Gallery of Art until closing. Some people were overwhelmed but honestly looking at all these masterpieces just made me think, "What am I doing with my life?!" It's the same feeling I get when I watch 16 year old's on the Olympics...

See what I mean? And these weren't just your average size canvas' purchased at Michaels; these painting practically took up an entire wall! We returned to Chinatown for a movie, Pacific Rim (which I highly recommend because it was bad ass including elbow rockets and swords!), and authentic Chinese food at Wok & Roll. I don't know why but I was seriously craving Chow Mein so it's no surprise what I ordered...

Getting back to the hotel pretty late, I still wasn't ready to go to bed so what do I do when I can't sleep? I watch Doctor Who reruns hoping to fall asleep. Surely enough, my plan worked.


Friday, August 2, 2013

Day 5
We slept in kinda late so we went to the Natural History Smithsonian Museum and the Archives. Other people were once again overwhelmed gazing upon the Declaration of Independence but if anything I felt more like Nicolas Cage...

After the museums closed we went on a bike tour around the memorials. I don't have to repeat how much I loved riding bikes instead of walking!... even though I just did.

Our last dinner at a local restaurant was delicious but I was so happy to be going home the next day! What I wasn't looking forward to was the amount of traveling in order to get home. But I can't do anything about that... maybe I could invent a teleporter! Then again, someone somewhere is probably already working on that.
My brother does not approve of my photogenic social networking :(
I could no longer find the will to stand.

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Day 5
Airplanes and sleeping. 

Although, throughout all the traveling I did configure the perfect stratosphere playlist! 

Shell Suite- Chad Valley
What A Wonderful World- Louis Armstrong
Come Fly With Me- Michael Buble (it's a cliche, I know)
Young and Beautiful- Lana Del Ray 
Evil Woman- Electric Light Orchestra
Cough Syrup- Young the Giant

Cmon, tell me those songs aren't perfect for flying through cumulus clouds like these!

I was so sleepy I wasn't sure if we were flying over the ocean or Antarctica...

It is now past my bed time and my LAST first day of high school is tomorrow! Geez, that feels so good to say! The sleep I loose over my blog... hopefully its appreciated by someone!  

Anyway, good night! Hopefully tomorrow will be a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment