Friday, June 28, 2013

Junior Year Reflection

I'm not gonna lie, this past school year has been tough. And for once, it hasn't been hard due to heart failure or because I caught some weird, rare virus thanks to my suppressed immune system or any hospital visits for that matter, other than my quarterly cardiology appointments.

Last summer, I thought out of all the years of high school junior year was the most important. Academically, I guess that's true since it's the last year to improve your GPA before beginning to hunt for colleges. I started off the year excited, determined to increase my GPA and overall just content with my life after one of the best summers.

But everything changed...

One of the first changes of this new year was attending EVIT (East Valley Institute of Technology). I've never been to a technical school before and since I already know what I plan to do in the future; this seemed like the ideal plan for me. I'm glad I went to the EVIT orientation sophomore year because I ended up liking EVIT more than MPHS. Everyone in my Anatomy & Physiology class had at least one thing in common with me, we were all interested in the medical field and I also appreciated the fact that all the students actually cared towards their future unlike the pot heads at my high school. I think these reasons factored to why I met friends so easily there. And needless to say, we created some pretty amazing and hilarious memories.

Whether it was in the classroom,

During the dissection labs, 
(Yes, those are ventricles in my portraying heart of love)
Or competing to win the bad ass title of "Medical Terminology Winners",

And field trips to the Cadaver Lab at Grand Canyon University,

Needless to say I enjoyed EVIT much more than I enjoyed being at my regular high school. But it's not like life at Mountain Pointe wasn't bad either... well at least when I decided I was actually going to go to school. I would say my favorited days were the spirit days.

Nerd Day!
"What the Heck" Day
Western Day!
Hawaiian Day!
I won't even mention my horrid attendance for this year, besides stating that this year is my personal record for most consecutive absences and unexcused/ excused tardies. It's not something I'm proud of but  considering I ended off with good grades, I say that's more of an accomplishment.

And then there was everything in between.

An obviously very productive golf season...

The awesome parties.

Homecoming with my best buds!

Another memorable year at Camp Del Corazon...

Being crowned Miss. EVIT for the PM session!

Fangirling over the cast of Harry Potter during Spring Break...

And ending off the year with Prom!

I won't say this has been my favorite year because honestly, this year has been particularly hard on me. There is so much more that happened this year than what I can actually blog about but, I think there's less gained when just focusing on the negatives of every year that passes by. Even though the negatives are so much more easier to focus on, my goal for my next and final year of high school is to A.)


And B.)

Summer is now half way over and pretty much all I've done is focus on online school. I guess that's a good thing but it just get's so boring and after awhile, unproductive. That one word just describes how my summer has been. Boring. So next week, I believe is the last week of online summer school. As of next week is the first day of summer and I intend on making it kick ass before it ends.

1 comment:

  1. Shelmigo,
    AWESOME doesn't even begin to describe you!!!!! Way to be honest and evaluate everything. Don't feel bad about what made you sad or you didn't do your best at, you are living and learning, and you will make all your dreams come true...and boy will they! YOU TOTALLY ROCK!!! :) Love you with all my heart!

    ReplyDelete