Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Sixteenth Alliance

Today... On Saturday, June 23, 2012 we celebrate the birth of Jason Mraz... Oh and myself!

I began feeling sixteen ever since my Sweet 16 Party but now that I'm officially apart of the alliance of sixteen year old's, what can I say? I guess I have more bragging privileges...

Driving woot woot! (even though I probably won't get my license until I'm seventeen considering I haven't even earned my permit yet)

Time to rule high school as an upperclassman!

I get to finally begin the dreadful college hunt...

My first paycheck when I finally get a job next summer.

Not to forget about Junior Prom near the end of the school year!

So yeah, you could say sixteen shall be a memorably year. When I was about eight years old, I remember thinking being sixteen and in high school would be so grand! For future reference, turning sixteen doesn't trigger a huge life transformation process... How disappointing.

Personally, I think the most crucial ages would be 16, 18, and 21. Driving, voting, and drinking... duh! Although, being allowed to drink doesn't bring me any more independence than I have today. Firstly, because you know me, always getting wasted at parties every weekend. <-- Lies! Secondly, obviously with two heart transplants, drinking is prohibited along with smoking cigarettes and getting high (clearly that's the best way to live).

Since I already celebrated my birthday like total A - listers, today I celebrated my birthday with my boyfriend. We went swimming , ate pizza and cake, and watched Lord of the Rings. As any normal couple would do...

In other news...


Next weekend I'll hopefully be heading out to California on Friday to attend the annual UCLA Heart Transplant Picnic. Even though I'm not a current UCLA patient, I still miss my cardiology family and I'll be able to finally meet Jennifer (my heart transplant buddy) in person! Along with attending the picnic, I'll hopefully also be visiting another hospital, Cedar Sinai, to talk to cardiac patients with my friend Bill Sears. Bill Sears is my friend who is behind the Shelby Cooper bracelets and he was the first positive influence in my life after I was told I needed a second heart transplant in 2009. He has been living off his transplanted heart for thirty-one years and is still at perfect health for being seventy-two years old. Other than that, I'm hoping we'll have enough time to visit my family who lives in Long Beach and possible go to the beach...


What can I say? I'm a California Girl at heart! 


HaPpY BiRfDaY tO mE!

Other than that... Summer school.

No comments:

Post a Comment