Friday, November 18, 2011

Shelby Cooper Bracelet

In December, one thousand Shelby Cooper Bracelet's are going to be made and shipped from China. What is the Shelby Cooper bracelet? If you keep reading you shall know:

My friend Bill Sear, had a heart transplant and has been living off his heart for ten years and more! He finds me such a positive role model, especially at my age, and he thinks I have a terrific understanding of what life is like with a heart transplant. He asked me to brainstorm a logo for these bracelets that are given to heart transplant patients at Cedar Sinai and whoever else is interested to promote Heart Disease Awareness. Last year, the logo was, "The Gift of Life" and this year I chose a logo that originated from my fifth year attending Camp Del Corazon.

In 2009, my cabin and I told people to not stare at our scars, even though everyone else had scars too, as a joke. During Art and Crafts, we made a mini poster stating, "CHD (Congenital Heart Disease). DON'T STARE!" and we hung it in our cabin for the whole session. Two months beforehand, I had my second heart transplant and I attended CDC during the three month rejecting period, my wonderful doctors understood how much I have gone through and how much happiness camp brings me.

The rubber bracelets are going to be orange(camp color) and read, "Heart Disease. DON'T STARE!" not to mention my name is going to be on them, hens; why they're called the Shelby Cooper Bracelet. One thousand of them are being manufactured in a factory in China and are being sold for only one dollar. All the profits are going to be donated to the number one place that deserves it, Camp Del Corazon, in my name. I've always wanted to help Camp Del Corazon by attending their annual fundraisers, but my family doesn't have the money. I'm so glad I'm able to give to them, because CDC has effected my life significantly and without it, my life would be completely different.

If you're interested, the bracelets will be available in December. Later, I will post a link to a website in the right side bar, to help purchase one as soon as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment